Moong Pattana International Public Company Limited (formerly known as Moong Pattana Marketing Company Limited) was established on January 29, 1981 by Mr. Sumeth Lersumitkul with registered capital of THB 10 Million with the initial aim to import and oversee sales distribution of kitchen wares. In the year 1988, the Company was the only company in Thailand to be given a license to produce, use, and sell the brand trademark "Pigeon," the mother and childcare product from Japan. With the expertise and experience of the Company's executives, the Company saw continuous growth with significant changes and past developments as follow:
The Company increased its capital from THB 170,058,633 to THB 222,650,523 by issuing 52,591,891 new ordinary shares in order to reserve for the rights of ESOP and right offering.
The exercise of the holder of warrant of MOONG – W1 which was last exercised on 1st June 2018, was summarized to exercise the right in the amount of 2,316,535 units representing the number of the all exercised right of 2,339,889 shares.
At present, the company has it registered paid-up capital from the capital increasing resulting from the exercise of the holder of the warrant of MOONG – W1 and ESOP as the paid-up capital in the amount of THB 168,639,633.00, par value of THB 1 per share.
- The Company decreased its registered capital from THB 213,488,988 to THB 170,224,253, by cancelling 43,264,735 of the authorizied but unissued ordinary shares at a par value THB 1 each.
- Later, the Company increased its registered capital from THB 170,224,253 to THB 170,254,253 by issuing 30,000 new ordinary shares at a par value of THB 1 each, in order to reserve for the rights of warrants holders of MOONG-W1.
- The Company has launched its online store at www.moong-shop.com and another distribution channel through Foodservice.
- The Company has been granted license to distribute Pigeon products in Lao People's Democratic Republic.
The Company decreased its registered capital from THB 200,000,000 to THB 167,999,968, by cancelling 32,000,032 of the authorizied but unissued ordinary shares at a par value THB 1 each (saved for the authorized but unissued ordinary shares amounting to 23,784,184 shares, which has been reserverd for exercise of the holders of the Warrants to purchase the ordinary shares of the Company No.1 (MOONG-W1))
The Company increased its registered capital from THB 167,999,968 to THB 213,488,988 by issuing 45,489,020 new ordinary shares at a par value of THB 1 each. The Capital increased was described as follow:
- Issued ordinary shares by specifying purpose in the amount of 2,224,285 shares in order to reserve for the rights of warrants holders of MOONG-ESOP in the amount of 2,000,000 shares as well as MOONG-W1 in the amount of 224,285 shares.
- Issued ordinary shares for capital increase under General Mandate purpose in the amount of THB 43,264,735 to the existing shareholders in proportion to their respective shareholding (Right offering)
The Company increased its registered capital to THB 200 million, which was comprised of 200 million shares at a value of 1 Baht per share. The capital increased was described as follows:
- Issued ordinary shares in the amount of 24 million shares in order to support the rights of warrants holders MOONG-W1. In 2015, the number of warrants converted to ordinary shares was 215,800 units.
- Issued ordinary shares in the amount 5 million shares in order to support the rights of the ESOP Project warrants holders (MOONG-ESOP) to purchase ordinary shares.
- Issued and offered ordinary shares in the amount of 24 million shares to existing shareholders in proportion to their respective shareholding (Right offering)
- Issued and offered ordinary shares in the amount of 27 million shares under the Private Placement Person (This project has not yet begun.)
- Debentures project for THB 500 million
The Company launched the project “ Thailand Breastfeeding Day by Pigeon”
The Company had introduced the Pigeon Little Moments Club which is the communication channels for customers. The club provides the advice of raising baby or products information for members. In this year, the Company had cancelled the distribution of the product brand Jintan.
The Company signed a distributorship agreement with P.I.P. International Company Limited to distribute Exfoliating Foot Pack under the brand Revival Care.
The Company increased registered capital to THB 90 million. Then, the Company conversed to become a public company limited and changed the Company’s name to Moong Pattana International Public Company Limted, splitting stock value from THB 100 per share to THB 1 per share and raising its capital from THB 90 million to THB 120 million by issuing 30 million share of common stock for initial public offering.
The Company acquired the Smile-V, Smart-V and V-Care trademarks from Misis Company limited (Misis) which sold daily consumer products and formerly distributed in provinces outside of bangkok. However, Misis did not have any other relationship with the Company.
YMP increased the registered capital from THB 125 million to THB 300 million equaling to 3,000,000 shares for the purpose of expanding the factory. The Company had sold back 287,500 shares to Yoshino Japan and bought only handful new shares, resulting in the shareholding structure in YMP decreasing to only 6% of issued and paid-up capital.
PIT increased capital from THB 120 million to THB 144 million, or 14,400,000 units of shares for factory expansion. The Company sold back 840,000 shares to Pigeon Corporation and did not acquire new share capital, resulting in a decrease in PIT shareholding to 2.5% of issued and paid-up capital.
TP increased capital from THB 20 million to THB 122 million or 1,220,000 shares in total for the purpose of expanding production capacity. The Company increased its stake in TP to 47% of issued and paid-up capital, or 573,400 units of shares held.
The Company entered a joint venture with Pigeon Corporation to establish Pigeon Industries (Thailand) Company Limited (PIT) with aimed to produce and distribute breast pads and baby wipes. PIT first registered capital was THB 12,000,000 shares, 1,200,000 shares of which the Company owns 10% of issued and paid-up capital.
The Company entered a joint venture with Yoshino Kokusho (Japan) and Nomura Jimusho Inc. (Japan) in order to set up Yoshino Moong Pattana (Thailand) Company Limited (YMP). The Joint Venture Company built a factory to produce plastic product and packing such as spray pumps for liquid products, bottle packaging, and coated plastic. YMP was first registered at THB 125 million, with 1,250,000 numbers of shares, 437,500 shares of which was held by the Company, 35% of issued and paid-up capital.
The Company increased the registered capital to THB 50 million at THB 100 per shared value and 500,000 shares in total for business expansion.
The Company entered a joint venture with Pigeon Corporation to establish Thai Pigeon Company Limited (TP) with the objective to produce and distribute nipples and nersers, and plastic parts for local and international distribution. TP was first registered with THB 20 million of capital, with 200,000 units of shares, 84,000 shares of which the Company holds, or 42% of the issued and paid-up capital.
The Company was the only company in Thailand that has been granted license to produce, use, and sell as well as apply the Pigeon Trademark from Pigeon Corporation (Japan).
Established by Mr. Sumeth Lersumitkul under the name Moong Pattana Marketing Company Limited with registered capital of THB 10 million and THB 100 per share.